Dealing with problems associated with missing or decaying teeth has been rendered all the more easier with the advent of this technology. The implants are made of strong, yet lightweight material like titanium which can be easily fused into the upper or lower jaw bones. The implants look completely natural, and improve the overall appearance in a more effective manner. The implant treatment is better than traditional bridgework replacement that required reduction of the neighboring teeth.
Following are some of the advantages of dental implants that have aided their popularity:
1. Better appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth because of their permanent fusion with jaw bones. They play an important part in enhancing overall appearance other than just improving the chewing experience. Implants play a vital role in smile makeover, making you more confident and comfortable.
2. Improved speech: Since the teeth play an important role in articulation and speech, the poor fitting dentures can create problem as teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to stutter in speech. As dental implants are permanently fixed, there is no way teeth can slip inside the mouth, thus helping you retain a hold on good speech.
3. Eliminate discomfort: Implants eliminate discomforts that are associated with removable dentures. They improve chewing efficiency and allow you to enjoy normal lifestyle and diet much like that with natural healthy teeth. Gum irritation or pain of exposed nerves associated with full or partial dentures is eliminated completely.
4. Improved confidence: You don’t have to hide your teeth anymore. There are no missing, cracked or decayed teeth ruining your overall personality. Implants function like your own natural teeth, helping you feel better, and live and smile with confidence.
5. Improves oral hygiene: As tooth supported bridge does, implants don’t require reducing other teeth. All the teeth are left intact Improving long term oral health. Implants also stimulate bone growth and prevent any damage to facial structure.
6. Reliable and durable: Dental implants are considered as the best tooth replacement treatment with high success rate. The implant generally lasts 10-15 years, with good care, and many implants last for an even longer period. It is also important to regularly clean and brush the implants just as natural teeth.
7. Convenience: As dental implants are permanent, there is no inconvenience of removing dentures. A dental implant also eliminates the need to keep messy adhesives that are used on regular basis with dentures. You no longer need to cover your mouth when you smile out of embarrassment or fear that your teeth will pop out or fall down.
The implant fusion majorly depends on the quantity and quality of the bone. Patients with a history of heart disease or diabetes need to undergo several tests such as bone density scan, x-rays etc in order to check the condition of bones and supporting tissues. Ultimately, this treatment is bound to bring you good results and go a long way in promoting a healthy lifestyle.